1. What Personal Information Does UCAR Collect? You can visit most UCAR websites and access most of our services without identifying who you are, or revealing personal information such as your name, birth date, email address or mailing address, that can be used to identify you. However, some services may require registration. When you register with us, you may need to complete certain fields (some are required and some are optional), as well as choose a user name and password. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain services or parts of a specific website.
2. General Use Information and Cookies. UCAR receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with the website. For example, UCAR maintains web activity log files such as the number of pages requested, time spent on a page, and result sets from search queries. UCAR and its outside contractors extract and aggregate information from these log files for security purposes as well as to gauge and improve the effectiveness of the website and services.
UCAR uses Google AnalyticsTM, a third-party web measurement and customization technology, that also utilizes cookies to collect summary demographic information of visitors. Specifically, UCAR has turned on Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting for some UCAR websites to analyze visitor behavior and to optimize website content. Google Analytics does not collect personally identifiable information through its cookie and does not combine, match, or cross-reference UCAR website information with any other information. Visitors may choose to opt out of Google Analytics and will still have full access to UCAR websites, see the following websites for more details and the opt out process:
3. Sharing of Information. Certain partners and outside contractors hired by UCAR have access to user information in order to assist UCAR in carrying out security, financial and operational activities. From time to time, UCAR may also share user information with its sponsors, auditors and consultants. Additionally, UCAR reserves the right to share user information with any entity that is an affiliate or successor in interest to UCAR or UCAR’s management of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
4. Signing Up For Services. In some instances, UCAR may request information through an enrollment process for a web service, website analysis, survey, or event registration. To enroll or participate, you may voluntarily supply personal information. UCAR shall use the information, and may share the information with event planners, as described in the enrollment process or Section 3 of this Policy. Contact the website operator to correct any information you submit.
5. Security. UCAR maintains all personal data with technical, administrative, and physical safety measures intended to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper use. No computer system or information can be completely protected against every possible hazard, but UCAR provides reasonable and appropriate controls to protect personal information against foreseeable hazards.
6. Public Forums. UCAR maintains a number of public email lists and forums for use by interested individuals. Some are open for subscription and use; others are moderated where a list or forum moderator may limit subscription and posting access. In each case, users can subscribe and unsubscribe from these areas at any time. Contact the website operator to correct any information you submit.
Please note that any information that you post to a public bulletin board or chat room is available to all persons accessing that site. Unsubscribing from a list or forum will not remove any name, email address or information that was part of any previous posting from any archive of these lists or forums.
7. Legal Requirements. UCAR may access and disclose any and all available user information to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest, or legal process requirements, such as a court order or subpoena.
8. Interaction with Children. This Site offers some limited educational content that may be of interest to students under 13. No personally identifiable information is collected from these visitors unless voluntarily submitted as a request for information or educational services. The information supplied is used to respond to the user’s inquiries or to provide educational services requested by the user. Students are advised to consult with their parents before giving any personal information online.
10. Accessibility. UCAR endeavors to make information available to all interested parties. We attempt to maintain the primary UCAR Sites, and other sources of information intended for the general public, in a manner that meets generally agreed upon accessibility criteria. Other information, such as bulk data and automatically generated content, may not always be accessible using existing assistive technology. If you encounter information which you cannot access with assistive technology, please contact us and we will work with you to see if such information can be provided in an appropriate way.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of UCAR, please contact the Office of General Counsel using the contact information below.
Privacy Preferences Contact Information
Please include your name, address, and email address when you contact us.
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
c/o Office of General Counsel
3090 Center Green Drive
Boulder, CO 80301
By telephone: (303) 497-8874
By email: email@example.com